Welcome to Healing Melody Therapeutic Massage
Hello! Sorry, but due to an injury I am temporarily closed and unable to accept bookings.
Please check back in a few weeks! (01/25/2023)
Colleen Melody-Robinson LMT Owner/Therapist
Hi I’m Colleen! In 2013 I graduated with honors from the Connecticut Center for Massage Therapy (CCMT). I am a proud member of the Associated Bodywork and Massage Professionals (ABMP) and was certified by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB). I love to take continuing education classes and to keep up on the latest research in the field, because I feel I need to stay fresh and engaged in order to best help my clients.
Before becoming a massage therapist I worked in retail management and before that I worked in the childcare field. I had long been interested in becoming a massage therapist and finally, after leaving my job of 12 years, the time seemed right to embark on that journey and I’m so happy I did!
After 25 years of stressful jobs I can really understand the negative impact it has on your mind, body and spirit. Also, since I spent years suffering from the same kind of shoulder, neck and low back issues most people have I also can zero in on those areas and help you relax and let go of tension and pain. I so enjoy helping my clients and seeing their relaxed smiling faces after our session.
Since music has played such a big part of my life (with a last name like Melody I guess it would have too!) I believe that music and sounds can be very healing. I have a wide variety of music to choose from to enhance your session. So if there’s somthing you really like just ask! I can (and have) massaged to everything from whale sounds to Disney soundtracks to heavy metal. Whatever makes you feel comfortable, it’s your session.
As one of the more recent Massage Therapists in Simsbury I’m very excited to join your community and I hope you’ll let me help you achieve your wellness goals!
Sessions are available in a variety of rejuvenating massage techniques including traditional Swedish, Sports Massage, Medical and Therapeutic/rehabilitation, Pre-Natal, Table Thai, Acupressure, Deep Tissue Massage, Cupping Therapies, Neural Reset Therapy and more and can be customized to suit your needs and further enhanced with aromatherapy and hot stones. Check out my price list to view all options or to find information about massage packages and gift certificates. For further info see frequently asked questions and policies.
Massage therapy can . . .
- Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion.
- Assist with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and shorten maternity hospital stays.
- Ease dependence on medication.
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body’s natural defense system.
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
- Improve the condition of the body’s largest organ—the skin.
- Increase joint flexibility.
Massage therapy can also . . .
- Ease depression and anxiety.
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Reduce post-surgery adhesions and swelling.
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller.
- Relieve migraine pain
Commonly Treated Conditions
- Bad Posture, Postural Distortions, & Functional Scoliosis
- Aches & Pains
- Neck Pain
- Shoulder Pain
- Arm, Wrist, and Hand Pain
- Upper & Mid Back Pain
Low Back Pain
- Hip Pain
- Leg and Knee Pain
- Foot Pain
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Hammer Toes, Claw
- Toes, Mallet Toes
- Golfer’s Elbow, Tennis Elbow, Medial Epicondylitis, Lateral Epicondylitis
- Trigger Finger and Dupuytren’s Contracture
Chronic Pain, Fibromyalgia, and
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Headaches, Migraine headaches, and Tension Headaches
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Temporo Mandibular Joint Dysfunction (TMD) (a.k.a. Jaw Soreness, TMJ)
- False carpal tunnel (a.k.a. Pec minor syndrome, Thoracic Outlet Syndrome Syndrome)
- Frozen Shoulder
- Sciatica & False Sciatica
- Strains & Sprains
- Sleeping Disorders
- Shin splints
- Achilles Tendonitis
- De’ Quervain’s Tenosynovitis